Mini Documentary

Modder1

So here is the story, guy comes in to fix samsung s6 lcd. I do the fix and notice the screen he was using had some corrosion on it. I ask him upon pickup when he got the phone wet. He says he never did, we know this to not always be the truth. Then he says he recently bought it as new and I knew this to be untrue because the adhesive that holds the back cover on was not the original stuff and it was missing at least one screw. So what happened was he said he bought it new from a local carrier who has a lot of franchise shops with their name on them. You know the ones, they fix and buy and sell and all under the name of the carrier so most people don't know the difference. Now, a number of people have come to me with issues from dealing with this one particular in my area franchise shop. Now this guy comes back and asks if I would be interested in a documentary type of project and at first I think this is a great idea and it won't be a hit piece on repairs or cell phone stores/repair stores. Then he comes in with a few friends who will be working with him, they all have different titles and they take some measurements, show me a short story board, ask me about timing etc. They want 9 hours! Aside from the time however, I wonder now if this is really a good thing. Will this be another stain on our industry? I told them that was my concern and I wouldn't do it if that was the case. I don't know much about what they want as far as content for the documentary but they did say it would be a hit piece of sort on that store at least. They wanted to interview me in the documentary I guess about my feelings on this and other positive and negative aspects of our business and get me to do a small re-enactment of the transaction and repair process.
What do you thing of this? Should I back out and run or, make them do even more work to explain to me more specifics, go ahead with it as it seems? Would it be good for my business, or our industry, or would it be all negative?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
This all comes down to trust. In my experience the media has absolutely no interest in the truth. They come up with the narrative and find pieces that fit the narrative, rather than the other way around.