CFG3: H

that worked but coming apple and during loading 30% it is turning off

then i tryed Elpida configuration
CFG0: H
CFG1: H
CFG2: L
CFG3: H

that worked better.

starting with exteral ssd no problem, tryed to install ventura or sonoma by usb the loadbar stick in 20%

installing HieghSierra by USB is no problem but later in installation prozess it is hangin with grafical problem

the board is a known good working board

should i try another configuration or is it needfull to replace the spd in the EFI?
In the datasheet the configs for samsung, elpida, micron or hynix seems all the same (SDRAM LPDDR3-1600

need help please

tomtom67

You maybe want to get in touch with Colin (dosdude1). He has a video on YT where he did the RAM expansion, and mentioned he had to modify EFI to enable booting.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
That is old 2012 Air, which Apple didn't manufacture it in 16GB configuration.
2015-17 Air machines have 16GB configuration option on the MLB.

Dozer

thanks tomtom67 from this i was inspired to try this.

the state now is i can start high sierra without problems and i can see the 16GB in the system information. the main problem still is its randomly freezing .
so my guess there is wrong timing configuration. what do you mean?

Dozer

i think i figured it out.

got another 11" 820-00164 and i had still 4 RAMs left, so I soldered them there in and the same problem occurs.

today i found out that the SEC K4E6E304EE-EGCE I ordered has only 16Gb that means 2Gbyte !

So I soldered 8GByte in the Board and configured it as 16Gbyte, that should be the problem. I configured it now to 8 GByte and all is working well. Ofcourse i wanted to upgrade from 8 to 16, but now I have again 8 :))

Ok :))))) I ordered now 32Gbit Chips from Hynix H9CCNNNCLTMLARNUD and i will report back when done

nice christmas everyone