[SOLVED] 820-00138 Water damage turns on shows battery indicator on screen then shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

supamodz

[SOLVED] 820-00138 Water damage turns on shows battery indicator on screen then shuts down

Hi guys, working on a 2015 retina that has water damage spill around battery area and trackpad. But before i start replacing parts, i want to get the board working so i removed the board from the unit tested it with the lcd and i get the same problem, it shows battery charging indicator on screen and shuts down as if it sees a battery attached and its dead. So as we know no brd view is available i have no idea where the pull ups are for the data line going to the smc on the board. I managed to test the current sensing resistors around u7100 and are within specs. There are no signs of water near the smc, also i did an smc bypass unit chimes and boots fine which could mean the smc is bad but i want to make sure the smc is not being tricked that the battery is dead from something else on the board. Any idea where i can find r5380 and r5381 on the board without the board view?

supamodz

Duke the problem happens when the battery is either disconnected or connected, should the board turn on without the battery plugged in?

supamodz

the problem is the battery is completely shot with corrosion so i really do believe the battery is bad, but i just need the unit to turn on but for some reason it thinks the battery is connected and is dead. What can cause the smc to think the battery is connected when its not ? Any ideas on that ?

supamodz

Hi guys on this piece of crap board i managed to obtain a brd.view its a little different but the signal im getting is called PM_Batlow_L i get between 0.8xxV to 0.7XXv until it shuts down When off it is about 0.014 off is this normal? i checked pullup resistors and are in specs for smc.

supamodz

Because the board is not turning on by itself that's why i don't think it's a battery when the board is plugged in no battery connected it wont turn on.

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Current sense might have an issue... Really doubt it, but sometimes it causes wired issues... Check your battery and charger current sense resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.