[SOLVED]Battery is not recognized 820-4942-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualLife

Well fuck. Well i need to order again a new one and come back here... Do you louis know anyone that sells good batteries in ebay? It would be great if you could help. Or anyone. Thanks!

VirtualLife

Can you tell how is it possible that board has in some other areas 12 volts? Like C7132 in PIN 1 and Q7130 in PIN 2 that goes to PPDCIN_G3H_CHGR and its only the Battery that is plugged in not the charger...

VirtualLife

R7005 PIN 1 and the same in other side. dukefawks can you tell me what to do? It does not make sense that in C7132 is 12 Volts and in the R7005 Pin 1 is under 1.5 volts... What should i do now? What to check?

VirtualLife

I have checked the board under the microscope and have not seen any waterdamaged areas. The only waterdamaged area was near the battery connector. I have the 3476 brd file but if anyone has the correct one 4942 i can tell you what capasitor was bad, but i still replaced it with the new one.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
C7132 and its "neighbors" will still keep high tension after charger is dicsonnected for some time...
I think 3787 brd is closer to 4924.

VirtualLife

For how long? This computer was connected to charger about 2 hours ago and it was not connected to battery or charger, and when i plug the battery it still shows 12 volts...

VirtualLife

No i have not. Now i measured it.

F7140 PIN 1 0.5 volts and increases slowly. Pin 2 the same.

F7140 beebs from boths side and its not blown.

Checked with diode mode the PPBUS line and it was 0.146.

VirtualLife

at first when i checked the PPBUS line with diode mode it beeped really long and it started from 1.000 and went down to 0.146 and after that it did stop the beeping.

VirtualLife

I already checked the R7050. It is 10K Ohms and there was 0.1 volts. When i checked the R7050 with diode mode it was 2.116 from both sides. And J7050 is good. I have checked if there was under it corrosion but there was not.

dukefawks

Administrator
Jesus Christ how hard can this be? IS THERE 12V ON F7140 WITH THE BATTERY PLUGGED IN, NO CHARGER CONNECTED OF COURSE? If yes then there should be 12V getting to R7005 or there is a fucked trace.

VirtualLife

dukefawks You are getting angry quite fast. First of all i have already answered your question. There is no need for getting angry. Check the page two for the answer.... if your not up to it. I will copy it for you. :)

No i have not. Now i measured it.

F7140 PIN 1 = 0.5 volts and increases slowly. Pin 2 the same.

F7140 beebs from boths side and its not blown.

Checked with diode mode the PPBUS line and it was 0.146.

AND THERE IS NO CHARGER PLUGGED: ONLY BATTERY.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
We are back to my advice from page 2. buy a working battery.

The only reason I don't divulge where I buy batteries is they can barely supply my one store, much less 1000s of other people. Half the time I order they are out of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.