mac book air with green light and amber light after but wont turn on

djpat1974

Hi I have and mac book air with green light and amber light thereafter but it would not turn on this is an 820-00165-A but I notice when I remove the io board and plug back in the charger it would turn on so I found u6010 pp3v3_so would be missing when io board is plugin I change the io board twice and still the same issue what am doing wrong.

JohnB8812

Try with known good flat cable plugged in as well as the battery and try to start from the charger. If it starts with the battery, cable, and charger plugged in, then it's more than likely your charger has issues. 2015 MacBooks have issues with certain chargers if they aren't OEM originals.

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
I went mad with this issue months ago --- was the charger at fault, even though it was an original/genuine Apple one, but I had a magsafe 1->2 converter on it. Try with a known good working magsafe 2 charger for that model.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"j9500 pin 9 goes to ground"
If 3V3_S0 is shorted to ground inside connector, no matter any components changes.

Connect flex to J9500 and disconnect the other side from IO board.
If short persists, try other flex, or change J9500.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"Connect flex to J9500 and disconnect the other side from IO board.
If short persists"
Is that true?
Are you using correct flex model???

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't respond to first question...

""Connect flex to J9500 and disconnect the other side from IO board.
If short persists"
Is that true?"

djpat1974

am sorry wrong choice of word it is not short just that voltage disappear when you connect the cable to j9500 and io board then j9500 gets hot then fan stop after the screen show lighten bolt on the display

djpat1974

Hi, when you connect on the j9500 connector only pp3v3_so shows and the fan spins and the laptop works but there is no charge to the battery that is my problem