Recomended tools by Louis,

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
larossmann what kind of microscope are you currently using. In one of your videos I believe you said ifixit sent you a $900 microscope.
Omano 2300S with a JW11 stand.

amscope and omano are probably made by the same people at the same factory, just different logo & slightly different color.

ytesfay80

larossmann
Could you post a link for the microscope camera and dongle that you use on your current videos?

I know you stated which one you use in your 'tools I use' video but that is over a year ago and a lot has probably changed in your setup and the microscope camera you linked to in that video does not show up.

I want to output the camera to a small tv for showing people in a room and not for a professional video on youtube or anything like that? What would be the best setup for this?

Last edited:

ytesfay80

I bought my Crest CP500HT from Balkowitsch Enterprises on Amazon. I asked them if they would be able to throw in a free basket and they did for me. Message them because I don't know if they would do that for everyone.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Balkowitsch enterprises are bad people. they went out of their way to not cancel an order and purposely send it just out of spite. The owner is more nuts than duco and I combined. avoid! getmedonline is a much better option.

MUUK

Hi Everyone, first post here. We added board repair to our existing mac repair business in the UK after being inspired by Louis's amazing videos (so a big, big thank you) - We have purchased the crest US cleaner - however in the UK/EU Branson EC fluid is unobtainable (Branson EU aren't producing it and the fluid can't be shipped by air) so my question is this, does any forum member know of any suitable alternatives, or any US companies prepared to ship Branson EC via ground?

I have tried this fluid http://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co....n-1-litre.html which does clean but does leave a bit of white residue in between connectors (i'm trying different concentrations to see if this has an effect) but i would prefer Branson even if it meant ordering via super slow ground shipping.

Last edited: